Accessibility at Hudson Valley Bank
At Hudson Valley Bank we strive to provide convenient access to our products and services and an accessible and barrier-free environment in our banking facilities for all of our customers, including people with disabilities.
What it Means
We design and maintain our facilities in compliance with the standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), including:
- Accessible parking spaces, walkways, entrances and interiors
- Talking Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs)- All our ATM’s accept standard headphones (1/8” jack) for audible access to financial services. Compatible headphones can also be obtained from Hudson Valley Bank branches with ATMs.
- Braille ATMs – All of our ATMs provide Braille keypads
We provide personal and customized assistance, including:
- Banking by appointment- Business Bankers and Customer Service representatives are available to assist customers by appointment.
- Reader Services- Our Business Bankers and Customer Service representatives are happy to read and explain appropriate materials to customers who would like assistance to access our services or to conduct financial transactions. Please stop by or call your local branch for an appointment.
- Written Communications – Our staff will provide written communications upon request for customers with disabilities.
- Information Reformatting- Check images included with monthly statements can be provided in larger font. Other Bank document fonts can be enlarged, as needed by request.
- Large Type Checks-The Bank offers a business sized check, which is larger than a traditional check with larger type font and raised lines for easy reading and check writing.
- Our Online Banking platform has recently been updated to enhance accessibility.
- We are committed to and in the process of improving the overall accessibility of our website. Our web site currently supports Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla’s Firefox and Apple’s Safari web browsers for optimal viewing and functionality by users and assistive devices.
- We have a designated Banking Accessibility Coordinator, who can assist customers with their accessibility needs and can be reached during normal banking hours at (914) 771-3233.
If you have any suggestions that may help us, as we continue to enhance and improve our accessibility, please use our “Contact Us” link found at the top of our Home Page on our website, or call our Banking Accessibility Coordinator at (914) 771-3233.
The following numbers are available for the convenience of hearing or speech impaired persons. Local or long distance fees may apply.
New York Relay: 1-800-662-1220
Relay Connecticut: 1-800-842-9710
IMPORTANT NOTE: Customers using assistive services, such as TYY or relay services, should only release non-public, private information to authorized persons. Additionally, customers should not send non-public, personal information by e-mail, unless they are using secured e-mail and should only release such information to authorized persons. Your branch can assist you with secure e-mail or other written communication.